1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Love both, but since egg nog is only available at Christmas time, I'd chose egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? If it's wrappable, it gets wrapped :)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree, blue on the house (also blue) - none outside this year :(
4. Do you hang Mistletoe? No. The whole house is a *kiss me* zone!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Around Dec 10th (like to leave them up a while after X-mas)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Candied Yams!!
7. Favorite memory as a child? Going to Mass at St. Louis Cathedral
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? There was never a moment when I *knew*. I just remember around 4th grade the kids who still believed were made fun of. I can remember thinking I didn't really believe, but I'd better believe just in case!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We usually do. I don't like opening everything at once - too overwhelming. We like to start opening one gift a day a few days ahead. I think the gifts get a chance to be appreciated individually that way, especially the *smaller* gifts. And I believe that if I have a gift for you, why wait? I want to see you enjoy it now. :)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, lots of sentimental orniments, paper chain garland Gregory & I made a few years ago, and tinsel
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Since It's never something I have to live with, LOVE it! It snowed when Gregory was about 5, enough to cover outdoor toys and shrubs most of the day. Now he complains about it never snowing *anymore*. I remember school closing due to snow when I was in K.
12. Can you ice skate? Yep! And I get to go skating in 2 weeks!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember having to find a gift on the tree when I was almost 6. It was a smiley face ring that I wear to this day (on my pinky now). And I remember the year our cat found a real mouse under the tree! I'd dare say that was her favorite Christmas.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making sure I don't forget the Reason for the Season, and making sure my child doesn't either. It's important to me to share our blessings with others, most especially at Christmas.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cheesecake. I know it's always there, but the holiday season is the only time I indulge.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting our tree & decorating it, along with watching our favorite Christmas movies.
17. What tops your tree? A star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? GIVING!! We are so blessed all of the time that giving is a need for me.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Come O Come Emmanuel, Do you Hear what I Hear, Little Drummer Boy (can't decide on 1)
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? So-so. The make pretty decorations!
21. Favorite Holiday Movie? A Christmas Story

1 comment:
I love The Little Drummer Boy by Manheim Steamroller and Bob Segar.
Post a Comment