Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas tree


We got the tree assembled and light tonight. This is my favorite time. I love my ornaments, but there's something about a tree with just white lights on it that's so beautiful to me.

I discovered some coffee mugs from a New Orleans department store, which closed at least 20 years ago. I'm excited to see what else Mom's brought me. I do know that there are a few boxes that she wants my sisters and I to go through. All of those ornaments are special to me, but I know many of them have much more sentimental value to my sisters. Some may have been from their mother or grandmother (we're half-sisters). I won't put up a fight for ornaments. After 20 years of marriage, we have quite a collection of our own anyway.

So tomorrow, we begin to decorate the tree!

No comments: