Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to normal????

I don't know what that is anymore. We've been in our own little world for the past 4 months, and leaving that is hard.

Greg didn't go to work this morning because his stomach was bothering him. I have no doubt his stomach felt aweful, but I believe it's pure anxiety. Last week he was anxious to prove he could get back to work. Now he's just anxious, and not in a good way. He left a very high stress world for a while, and getting back into it is hard. I know, I've done it. Or tried to do it I should say. It didn't work out for me.

He just left for the afternoon about a half-hour ago and I miss him so much I am at the point of tears. I think he was at that point when he left. We've never spent much time apart, and we'd both gotten used to being together all the time. And for the past 4 months my main focus has been taking care of Greg. Now I'm feeling a little lost. I miss him so much I have no motivation to do anything. He really is my heart and my best friend.

Greg loves his job. He loves the work he does and the people he works with. They are like a family, and like any family, day-to-day there can be problems and conflicts, but overall he's very happy there. And we're happy he's there. He works for & with good people who've done a lot for us these past few months. And he's less than a mile from home so he comes home for lunch everyday. But it's a stressful job. Getting used to that stress level took time, and it will take time to get used to again. I want to do everything I can to help him. So I want to make home a refuge, but that means cleaning and sorting and organizing. All things I'm not really motivated to do now.

Gregory has the best outlook of us all. He's loved every minute of having his dad home. But as Greg was leaving, he was doing his happy dance. I asked what he was so happy about and he replied, "It means we're getting our lives back!"

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I totally understand!

I am very happy that Greg is able to go back to work.

Jason was off for 4 days and it made today hard.