We are okay! Lots of rain Friday and Saturday, with lots of wind. There are many more branches down than for Katrina, but no trees fell in our area. Power went out sometime early Saturday morning and came back on just a while ago. We didn't really have any big storms this time, just several hours of good old fashioned rain. And that we needed!
By what I've seen, Rose's home should be fine, but her shelter (sister's home) in DeRidder must have gotten a horrible storm. I doubt they have power yet. It's due north of Lake Charles. I've not seen much yet (with power out), but we listened to news radio most of the time.
Jason & Darlene (Greg's brother & his wife) went back to Metairie this morning. They didn't have power when they got there, but it was on when we spoke to them at 4 PM.
I've not yet been able to get through to my parent's in the Lafayette area, but I've spoken to both of my sisters, and they spoke to them yesterday. They had no power (but had gotten a generator pre-storm), but also had no damage.
I do have family all over southwest LA, and I know most live in weak structures at best. Still praying for them all.

No comments:
Post a Comment