It has already begun to rain in N.O. (here too). We are going to get much worse weather for Rita here. East of the eye is always so much worse than west. That's why Biloxi looks like matchsticks. N.O. did okay through the actual hurricane, it was the levees breaking that caused all of the flooding. Those levees are still "under repair" and can't handle anything.
Gas lines this afternoon are crazy again. I've been keeping my tank full, and just refilled the gas cans for the generator. I'll have to access the food situation and may have to go into WalMart (aka hell). We could use some prayers too. We have other trees that aren't in very good shape. In fact, I was very suprised that it was our cedar tree that fell for Katrina. There's a big old oak next to Gregory's bedroom that is in bad shape. Good thing he's still sleeping with us!
I'm assuming we'll lose power again at some point, but will keep posting/reading as long as I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment