My Azalea plants are blooming like never before. I have at least 10, all in pots. We have clay soil, and I'd never been motivated to do the soil prep necessary for them to survive. We've lived here almost 20 years, and I've only planted 2 larger plants - one ligustrum and one camellia.
But this year I am motivated. Read that as "I am not so depressed and in pain that I do nothing until it's too hot." I feel good now. My body pains are gone, and my mood is good. I'm sure the 2 are related. I am still taking 8 - 10 fish oil caps a day and the difference is huge. Not only has it done away with my joint pain, stiffness, and soreness, I have not had a bout with uveitis since I began taking them. For over 5 years, I had small episodes almost monthly and 2 or 3 times a year, I'd have a week (or more) long episode. Now, nothing.
I am healing. I am healing from the inside out. So many little things that used to add up to me feeling lousy physically or emotionally (or both) are just gone. And all the glory goes to God. I was put at the right places, and brought to the right people at the right time. It's a long long story, but it's all God, and it's ongoing.
Back to my gardening. As I look out of my window right now, there are squirrels, cardinals, and doves all in my line of sight.

Today I discovered an azalea that's not blooming was full of fire ants (yep - full of bites, on top of last week's poison ivy). It was one I wanted to put in the ground, but the lack of blooms had me puzzled. I hope to save the plant and rid it of the ants because it's a deep red bloom.

Anyway, I pulled it out of the pot to access the ant situation and I discovered a germinated pecan! Thank you squirrels!

So I am now growing a pecan tree in a pot. It would be cool to have a pecan tree.
So far, I've gotten a satsuma tree and a crepe myrtle in the ground.


And I have a hole almost ready for the first azalea. I intend to go on planting until it gets too hot. I've placed everything where I'd like to put it. I've always kept my potted plants on the front porch to add color to the front of our house. This year, when I brought them out of my laundry room (where they are for winter), I put them in the back yard. I am enjoying them so much more there! I can see them all day long. And it's not costing me anything. We've been piling up leaves from the oak tree for many many years and I am finding the most incredible dirt at the bottom.
Back to digging!














1 comment:
Beautiful!
I am so glad you are healing! I want to heal, getting there slowly...
Post a Comment