Today, it's 70 deg and sunny. Just as soon as this post is written, I will be back out in it. I drug all of my potted plants out of the laundry room and screened porch and into the backyard today. Many thrived well. They like the fluorescent light they've been exposed to, and they've mostly avoided the frost.

Some look pretty rough...

But there's new growth!

The Periwinkle at the base of the Live Oak is sprouting nicely

And I found these tiny flowers in a neighbor's yard while chasing Missy today

I'm considering leaving my plants in the back yard since I'd see and enjoy them so much more than on the front porch. The front needs something - maybe just some small hedges.
So... Potential. Will this get deep? Depends on how much time I get here. :)
As of today, no plant, regardless of appearance, is declared dead. Even the brownest twigs still have a "bounce" when twisted - they don't snap like dead limbs do.
And I am also declaring that I am not dead either. I am growing (on the inside only I hope), I am learning, I am aware and absorbing all I can. The sunlight really does make me *bloom*. I let that get away from me last year. I'm not sure why, but I let spring go by without enjoying it and went straight into summer, which was just too darn hot. I will continue to reach out and connect where I can. I am feeling much better than I was last year. Perhaps that's the difference - no pain this year.
I'm full of potential and I am going to recognize and celebrate and stretch it.

No comments:
Post a Comment