Sunday, August 10, 2008

A new baby to love

Well it's just been a good baby weekend. We saw all of our babies in New Orleans yesterday. And today, Alina Kristine finally made her grand entrance. Brandie had called me last night to let me know it wouldn't be long. I was suprised she made it all night. She called me about 10:30 AM & said she was hurting, was going to call her doctor and go lie down for a while, but let me know to be ready. She called me back within 10 minutes & said I'm having a baby! This is baby #6. Number 5 came within 2 hours of labor, 20 minutes after getting to the hospital. I got to her house about 10 mintues later and it took us a good 15 minutes to get out the door. She was really hurting and not even responding to our questions. She was just concentrating on breathing. So I put on my flashers and off we went. I ran red lights carefully and flew down the interstate. We got to the hospital, got her in a wheel chair, and then she and her husband went back for assessment. When they hadn't called us to join her in 10 minutes, I knew she'd given birth already. I was right. Alina was born before all of the admission paperwork was done. But we still got to see her right away. She was having some breathing trouble, so she went to the nursery for a couple of hours. Her hands and feet were somewhat blue for a little while, but that gradually got better and she was nice and pink all over. She was just born so fast she didn't get much contraction squeezing which helps clear the lungs. Big sister Angelina and I finally left about 5 PM when things had all settled down, and my camera batteries were out. :)

But it's good to be home to my own baby...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! LOL - I could just see you speeding through traffic to get her to the hospital!

Stephanie said...

Oh what a precious site!
I love it when they scrunch up their face and then look so peaceful while they sleep.

You know I had 4 kids and none of them were fast, I never worried about not making it to the hospital. I had all day :)