I debated where I should post this. I think people get me most here. Or at least I am allowed (I allow myself) to be more *me* here than anywhere else.
ANYHOO - something I got from my brother today made me think of I Don't Like Mondays. Remember when you'd just have to call the DJ and hope he played it for you? No MP3, no CDs even. And I rarely had the cash to actually buy music. I recall waiting with my tape recorder next to the radio speaker holding that pause button and waiting just incase so you could catch that favorite song.
And music video? Maybe you'd see one on The Midnight Special or Saturday Night Live. Video had not yet killed the radio star.
It was 1979. I was 12. Life was wierd. And I hated Mondays...
Were you distracted by how much Sir Bob looks like Jerry Seinfeld in the puffy shirt episode??

1 comment:
I completely forgot that song existed, LOL!
I used to tape my favorites off the radio too :)
Post a Comment