Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Baby shower, New Orleans style

My SIL's baby shower was Saturday. It was a suprise, thrown @ the Rib Room of the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel, on St. Louis St. in the French Quarter. It was lovely. The food was incredible! Mmmmm the gumbo! It was even worth having to wear dress/hose/lycra/heels.

For some reason, I thought I would be the only person from Jason's side of the family attending. I thought it was a suprise from him also(it wasn't) and knew that I was the only woman in our family they knew well. To my suprise, their grandmother was there, 2 aunts, & 3 cousins. I hadn't seen most of them in several months, but one cousin I hadn't seen since Gregory was 5 months old! It was such fun.

We were treated to a 3 piece jazz band, and an open bar .


Outside the giant windows of the hotel, this couple sat and entertained passers by. LSU was playing Tulane @ the dome, and the streets were crowded.


After Katrina, both of Darlene's sisters moved out of state. Her older sister is 14 months older, and the other is her twin, so they are very close. It's been hard on Darlene for them to be gone. Renee has 2 boys, so her family is ready for a girl. Our family, however are all pulling for team blue (Did I mention that they aren't finding out the gender before birth?). Lately, I am secretly hoping for a girl because I know that's what Darlene wants, but I'm still getting that boy vibe. We shall see!


No comments: