I met my 3rd great-nephew yesterday. Joseph Paul was born Tuesday, October 2 @ about 1:15 PM. I got to hold him for a while, but never saw his eyes - he slept the whole time. Older brother Mikey was pretty tired too and fell asleep just after we got there. Oldest brother Chase was happy to see Gregory - he thought he'd found a play mate. But yesterday was not a fun day for Gregory. Well, he ended up having fun, but he really didn't want to go. I did what I could to validate that feeling, but staying home was not a good option. He just wanted to be home and we talked about it and agreed to just keep our visits short. Thankfully, once we were there, he did enjoy himself and I really had to drag him out of his Grandpa's house to go home.
I have to say that the more time we spend in NO, the more I realize I really do not want to live there anymore. I used to think we'd end up there again, but I don't see it now. The main drags all seem to be up and running, but you can go down just about any side street and find abandonded buildings - often very large buildings. It's creepy. And I have to say, everyone we know went home and rebuilt/repaired. And everyone of them have said never again. They have all said that next time, they are not coming back.
BUT life DOES go on, and here's some proof:
Joey
Mikey
1 comment:
Oh how sweet :)
I love babies.
I'm glad Gregory decided to go and ended up having some fun. It's hard when we feel that something is important and one of the kids doesn't want to go. In my house it's Brennan, it will be nice when he is a little older cause he can just stay home.
Post a Comment