Greg stayed home from work Monday, and that always messes me up on my days of the week. Today most certainly didn’t feel like a Thursday. Last night's chicken w/shrimp cream sauce turned into tonight's dinner instead. I'd forgotten that yesterday was payday, and that's our night to eat out. So we had roast beef po-boys instead.
Greg's back is really hurting him again. He's had another MRI and it shows scar tissue. It doesn't look too much different than the first MRI. It's so disheartening to see him in pain at all. He went through so much last year. He's going to have physical therapy and he's taking an anti-inflammatory med that does help his pain. It kills me to see him limp off to work some mornings. He's quite a trooper. His surgeon says if the therapy and meds don't do the job, he'll have to have surgery again. This time they'd remove the disc and fuse the vertebrae.
Gregory started playing World of Warcraft today. He's been wanting to get started at it, but needed to wait for the new computer. He's really enjoying his online gaming friends. I think G will have friends over this weekend. My friend Brandie has a son who turned 13 yesterday and another who's 11 (2 of 6 kids!), and they love to sleep over. It's neat to see how differently Gregory relates to them. The older only wants to play video games. G loves his games, but he likes to do other stuff when he has a friend over too. He actually gets along with the 11 yo better because he'll play anything. They still do a lot of imaginary play - still use old costumes. They'll even make videos while he's here of short stories they make up themselves.
I didn't get very much done today. Got my plants watered, but nothing more than that. One of the many things that happened while I wasn't writing was the drowning death of Vivian, 2yo daughter of a friend of mine. You can imagine how difficult it's been the past 3 months. Her mother Lisa is keeping a journal at caring bridge. It's been a lesson in so many things to see how this family is creating a new normal in their lives. The family has taken down the pool and will be planting a memorial garden there. They've asked friends to bring plants for the garden. I'm grateful for something physical I can do to help. I've been debating what to give her. I'm pretty good at keeping plants alive, but cuttings are not my talent. Today I can across a small piece of begonia growing among some weeds. It's the perfect size and will require very little care.
Well, I titled this Thursday, but it's been Friday for almost 2 hours now. Goodnight all!

No comments:
Post a Comment