Monday, September 1, 2008

Riding the storm out

Yes, I'm an REO fan...

We've left home and are sheltering at DH's office, pets and all. We're experiencing guts of 90+mph winds. There's a constant drizzle, but no big rain right now. Many trees down around us, including one in our yard - well, at least one, it fell before we left. It clipped my car. Probably only enough damage to cover my deductable. There's a tree blocking our street, but not from our yard this time! On the ride here, we saw many big trees broken and lots of limb debris in the roads. I wish I'd brought my wine with me, LOL! But I have my internet, DH has his weather channel, and the boy has his Nintendo DS (and cartoons), so we are occupied enough to forget for a few minutes at a time. It's 3:30 PM, and very dark outside now, but somewhat calm. We may be catching a little bit of the eye right now. The bad weather isn't over by a long shot. We could have another 8 - 12 hours of this.

Continued prayers for this to continue to not be too bad. It's bad enough, but it could be so much worse. We are blessed to have a place to go.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm an REO fan too :)
Glad you are safe I hope you don't lose power at the office.
Keep me updated.
Love you girl!

Penny said...

No losing power here. The whole building has a backup propane generator. Well, I guess technically it could go out, but the weather would have to be really really bad. So we'll be good here for a while. We'll be heading back home in a couple of hours. We need to get our refrigerator on the generator and we'll feel more at ease at home. There'll still be some rains come through, but the worst is north west of us now. Greg's going to pass by the house first to make sure it's okay before we all go back. But I'll lose my internet when we go :( . I may have to get past my fear of phones and actually call you! LOL!