Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We have peanut butter!!

Our lives changed on February 14, 2007:
"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers not to eat certain jars of Peter Pan peanut butter or Great Value peanut butter due to risk of contamination with Salmonella Tennessee (a bacterium that causes foodborne illness). The affected jars of Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter have a product code located on the lid of the jar that begins with the number "2111." "

I don't know about you, but my child is made of peanut butter. It's the one thing that I could always turn to when he was picky and hungry. And suddenly it was gone. No other peanut butter would do. He settled for peanut butter crackers, but that's pre-packaged with who knows what, and I knew the nutritional value could not be compared. In May I read that the company was hoping to begin production in July. I told Gregory that, and he said that I'd better not get him peanut butter for his birthday (late in July). Truth is, he'd have been thrilled to have it for his birthday. I later read that they were aiming for late August. Imagine if you can my amazement when I saw Peter Pan peanut butter on the shelves of WallyWorld Saturday. Can I tell you that I had tears in my eyes thinking about coming home and making my child a peanut butter sandwich? I felt like Walter Fielding in Money Pit discovering they have stairs - "We have peanut butter!"

Now I'll have to start buying more bread again!

No comments: