Thursday, August 23, 2007

The square peg...

Nobody IRL gets me. Well, that's an exaggeration. My hubby gets me, and he's still here. I am truly blessed that he's always seen parenting as my career (not just a job), and he's allowed me to do the research and come up with what works for us. That doesn't mean he's hands off. Far from it. He's just allowed me to be the expert here. He respects my choices and feels I can make good choices for our family. He sees the results of those choices, and it is good.

Lately, I'm running into people who obviously (to me at least) are threatened by or are resentful of the freedoms I've chosen to create my world. As my son gets older, I've become less and less coersive with him. Everyday it seems I have another mini-lightbulb moment about one thing or another. Things are constantly changing in our house.

I'm not too big into writing, so I may not go on and on about the details of each day. I'm a photographer, and I do a lot of photo-journaling. So you can expect many photos.

Oh, we saw Underdog yesterday and really enjoyed it!

More later!
P

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Well you know I get you, oh wait I'm not real life, but I'm not a figment of your imagination like some people we know. LOL! I'm being silly, I get it!!!