DH Greg leaves for work @ 6:30am. I try to be up by 8:30 to have some time before DS Gregory (9) gets up, but that doesn't always happen. I start my day w/coffee, devotionals, and email, including checking for new soap orders. Gregory is up by 9:30 and heads straight for my lap :) . He sits there until he can't wait any longer to pee
DH comes home for lunch, and DS has recently begun cooking (we usually have burgers) w/me. We do a spot clean of the house, get the floor swept, our hair combed, etc. The house always looks lived in, but I try to be sure that the mess DH comes home to is not the same mess he left behind LOL! DH loves the show How It's Made, and it happens to be on at lunch time, so we'll have that on while he's home. DH, DS, and the dog usually have a bit of play time before DH goes back to work.
Three or 4 days a week, our afternoons are spent out - post office, shopping, field trips, park day. If I have a soap order, he likes to help me pull the
inventory and package it, then we are off to the post office. Trips to WalMart always entail bringing allowance money, price-checking the latest games, figuring how much more he needs to save, how long it'll take to save that much, etc. We talk about choosing best prices, nutritional value, marketing ploys, goodness we are always talking! Recent field trips include a visit to a small post office, a hands-on pottery demonstration, checking out a homeschol kung fu group (he's not interested), and learning to crochet over the summer(a class taught by a homechool mom for any interested kids & moms. I'm now teaching myself to knit as well.)
DH is home about 6 and we try to do dinner before 7pm. Gregory has recently been bit by the cooking bug. Last night he made spagetti & meat sauce. After dinner ny 2 guys will usually do something together - a bike ride, play a video game, wash the truck, work on whatever household project is going on,
etc. I get about an hour or so alone most evenings. My guilty pleasure during that time is watching a CSI/Law & Order show. It's my time to veg. Then we usually watch a movie together (love Netflix!). Our collection and taste in movies vary greatly. Some family favorites are Bob Hope, Red Skelton, Abbott & Costello, Jerry Lewis, John Wayne, John Candy, Bill Murray, etc. I married into a movie family. My in-laws, DH & DS can see a movie once and they remember such detail! DS loves to take a DVD and watch everything on it - outtakes, how it's done, etc. He learns so much from watching movies.
Bed time for DH is 10pm. He rarely makes that, but that's his story and he's sticking to it (more like 11 or 11:30). Gregory & I are the night owls, usually up until 1am or later. If I'm ready for sleep & Gregory isn't, he'll just watch TV or play until he is (that is rare). Then we get up next morning & have a completely different, although similar, day.
And I know that we do many things everyday that I am not remembering right
now. :)

1 comment:
Sounds great, it's hard to make a day in the life post, I'm not sure I ever have, now I'm thinking about it.
Post a Comment